John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Tyler. I've been having issues with my washer not doing full

Customer Question

Hey Tyler. I've been having issues with my washer not doing full cycle. It starts fine, but the add garment light stays on and it's humming. Goes for a few minutes then beeps. That's when the flashing starts. I have good water pressure in hoses.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

You'll need to figure out where the humming is coming from. Is it coming from the back of the washer where the fill hoses connect? Is it coming from the front left corner of the washer under the top panel? Or is it coming from below the tub?

Also, is the washer filling up with any water? Is there water you can see in the tub currently?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hey Tyler. I had an emergency come up and was unable to get back with you on Wednesday. I apologize for that. Anyway, I really can't tell where the humming is coming from, but I thonk its coming from the pump? I cleaned all the filters and there wasn't any blockages. When it's on wash cycle, there's very little water. Nothing like normal. As I'd stated, there's water and it spins out on the rinse, drain, spin cycle. It seems like the water isnt draining sufficiently. Could it be the pump? My book says for 8 blinks, pause 3 seconds is insufficient water. What i don't understand is why it seems better and also spins on the rinse, drain cycle. Could the pump not be working properly, keeping more water from coming in because of water already in tub? I'm at a loss!

You really need to determine where it's humming from before we can move on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Im not home right now. I've got a pretty full schedule today, but thats a good idea to talk on the phone. Thanx

ok well let me know when you can.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Absolutely and thank you.

good luck