Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Tyler I've got a Bosch 500 series washing machine that stops

Customer Question

Hi Tyler
I've got a Bosch 500 series washing machine that stops cycle a few seconds after it begins and door locks and can't be opened without manually releasing it with pull chord. Any thoughts? Bosch says 3 weeks to get tech out to look.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 10 months ago.

Hello, does the washer fill up? Are the hoses reversed hot & cold? Are both hot & cold on? It sounds like a water valve issue. You do not have flood safe hoses installed do you?

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm using the hoses that are supplied by Bosch and came with the unit

Water valve @ the wall are on and both have good pressure to the unit?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Water is on and valves open all the way. It begins to fill up and then cuts off after a couple seconds. Hot and cold are on correct lines.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Unsure of pressure but no reason to believe it is an issue

I would verify the pressure to the machine is good and also that the screens on the washers valve are clear/free from any debris.

Next the machine would need to be taken apart. You could have a loose connection somewhere or the board is bad. If the connections all look good, the board is the only thing left that would cause this.

You may ask them to send at least a board with the technician so he does not need to make two trips.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any idea how to check the water pressure without flooding the house?

Turn the water off and place the hose into a bucket.

Thanks!

Turn the water off at the wall. Remove the hoses from the back of the washer. Place hoses into a bucket verify that each has good flow. That will at least rule that possibility out.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
water is fine

Perfect. Unfortunately, that would indicate a loose connection or a control issue.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm a little confused, do I need to rate this given I haven't resolved anything? I appreciate the quick help but I'm still stuck...

You need a part or have a loose connection. It quite possibly could have been a water issue. Unfortunately it is not.

Thanks!