Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Bosch dishwasher turns on by its self on then stops

Customer Question

My Bosch dishwasher turns on by its self on then stops leaving water in the bottom pan. Whats going on? John
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

The only thing that would cause the dishwasher to turn on by itself or stop mid cycle would be the main control board itself. You can try to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset, but if the issue re-occurs, you'll need to order and replace the main control board. Below is a link to the control board which is about $86 and it's located below the tub along the right side so the dishwasher would need to be pulled out to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.