Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Side by side model#gsh25jfta ser #fl232643.Water dispenses

Customer Question

side by side model#gsh25jfta ser #fl232643.Water dispenses and will not stop.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the dispenser won't stop, unplug the refrigerator and see if the dispenser will stop. If not, then your electronic water valve is sticking open and will need to be replaced. This is located on the back of the refrigerator down by the compressor. Below is a link to the valve you'd need to order.

CLICK HERE for valve

Now if the water DOES stop when unplugging the refrigerator, it means that you either have a bad control board or a bad dispenser switch which thinks you're holding the water dispenser paddle in when you're not. Plug the refrigerator back in and when the water is dispensing, open the freezer door to see if the water stops. If so, replace the little micro switch inside the dispenser. If not, you need a new main control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?