John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I just replaced my burned bake element on my whirlpool

Customer Question

I just replaced my burned bake element on my whirlpool rde2300p and it will still not work, looking for suggestions or help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Do you have a meter to test voltage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have checked the voltage to the bake element and it shows no voltage on the element

Okay, does the cook top work okay and does the broil get warm when set for bake?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oven is built in and the broiler will get hit on broiler but we r checking it on bake now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the broiler element is not warming on bake

Okay, thanks, ***** ***** check the model number? I can't find a wiring diagram for that number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says RDE2300P however I think the oven is from 1978. I couldn't find anything on it either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's says
"3 wire 120/208-240 volts 60hz AC only on the medal label of that helps

I won't find any diagram on the computer. I will look in my paper library but have my doubt I have anything. Since broil works it isn't the clock switch. Maybe the selector but I need to find the diagram to be able to help. I will let you know what I find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Melissa

Melissa, I came up with nothing. The only way I could help is if you could pull the oven out part way and see if there is a wiring diagram pasted to one side of the oven. If there is and you can take a picture I could determine what to check next. Sometimes there was a paper diagram under the oven behind a grill.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do that by myself I don't think Let me try and see how difficult it will be for me.

Okay

Were you able to pull out the oven to find the wiring diagram?