Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

On test procedure terminal one says 10ohms and I get 20

Customer Question

On test procedure for heater terminal one says 10ohms and I get 20 .terminal 2 10 ohms I get 20 terminal 3 20 ohms I get 40ohms is heater coil bad.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

No, your readings are all correct, your heater is good. If the dryer isn't heating, make sure you're getting 220 volts to the back terminal block on the dryer where the power cord connects to the dryer---not just 110 volts. That means you should have 220 volts between the 2 outside wires.

Now if that checks good and the heater checks good, test the fuses and thermostats around the heater and vent. If any of them have no continuity, replace them. If they all check good then you have a bad control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?