Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My NewAir 50 lb ice maker simply quit making ice. The

Customer Question

My NewAir 50 lb ice maker simply quit making ice. The indicator lights work. However, I can't hear any compressor noise at all. The unit is about a year old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If nothing is working the board on the unit has gone bad which was a common issue on that unit. The issue is you can not get parts for it as they are considered throw out units. Sorry for the news please do not kill the messenger.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks