Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Model GSF26C4EXT side by side ice maker and dispencer and

Customer Question

model GSF26C4EXT side by side ice maker and dispencer and fresh water despencer in door. no water and no ice. water supply to ref ck ok. new filter inside ref. before it completely stopped i could take out inside filter and shake it. reinstall and would work a few days. installed new whirlpool filter inside worked well for couple weeks. Now no water or ice. ican occasionally hear as if trying to pump but no water
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If there is no water and no ice you either have a supply line issue, bad filter or there is something plugged in the filter housing. The filter housing has a check valve in it and can get stuff in it causing a blockage which sounds like it could be the issue here.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
these pages have too many pop up. took almost 5 min to clear all the crap so i could read answer. will try look for ck valve after work

Sorry about that the site does stuff that is out of my control, if you need anything else let me know.