Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kenmore upright freezer model 253.280528013. The

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore upright freezer model 253.280528013. The freezer was disconnected and moved on Thursday, including the removal of the door. It was reinstalled Friday and the door reattached - it started up fine. Tonight I came home to find it flashing between "E" and "9" on the control panel. It is fairly cold inside, but clearly warming up. The light does not work, but I can hear refrigerant moving in the unit. I can't find anything in my owner's manual about this error code. Any advice/insights?
Thank you!
Mary
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That is an open thermister code. You need to check the thermister it should be mounted on the evaporator behind the panel in the inside of the freezer. If that tests good replace the board if it does not replace the thermister.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks