John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I bought a Brinkmann grill and recently got the Natural Gas

Customer Question

Hi there. My name is***** bought a Brinkmann grill and recently got the Natural Gas Conversion kit. The kit has everything except "stop pins". I'm not even sure what those are or what they do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought a Brinkmann grill and recently got the Natural Gas Conversion kit. The kit has everything except "stop pins". I'm not even sure what those are or what they do?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Stop pins are placed on the burner gas valves to limit the amount you can turn the knobs. Did you change out any gas valves?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I bought the grill not realizing it was designed for propane. So then I bought the Natural Gas Conversion Kit. Unfortunately the kit was supposed to come with stop pins and didn't for whatever reason. Brinkmann has now filed for bankruptcy and they are no longer selling any products. So getting the stop pins at this point is not likely to happen. But I still want to use the grill with natural gas. The conversion kit came with gas valves to replace the propane valves, so I have that. I have everything except the stop pins.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Are you able to turn the gas valve knobs more than one turn? If so, there's the possibility that the valve stem may be removed from the valve. If the gas was connected, when this happened, the danger of a fire at the front of the valve occurring. As long as no one using the grill turns the valves out too far, it may be used safely.

In the meantime, I'll inspect the many gas valves I have on appliances, to see if I can advise you on how to make and install the pins. The pins are actually only a use safety feature.

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance, before your request times out?