Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I turn off my kitchen aid double oven? It turns on

Customer Question

How do I turn off my kitchen aid double oven? It turns on but doesn't allow me turn it off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You should just be able to press the upper oven cancel/off or lower oven cancel/off button to turn the oven off. If that isn't working then either your touchpad has failed or the control board has failed. If the display does look like the oven shut off and is only showing the time of day, then you need to replace the control board because the relay sending power to the element is staying engaged even though it shouldn't. If the display won't respond at all and the cancel/off button won't beep when you press it, you need to replace the entire touch glass control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not satisfactory. Cancel credit card charge,
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean. My answer is definitely accurate, I can't control what fails on your appliance.