Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our GE JVM1410 microwave just stopped heating and emits a

Customer Question

Our GE JVM1410 microwave just stopped heating and emits a smoky smell. What GE unit would fit in the space above the range and, ideally, would fit the mounting the 1410 has?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So unfortunately the same mounting bracket will not work for any new microwave that you find. for your unit. You'd need to install a new microwave with it's mounting bracket that comes with the new microwave. As for a model that will fit, your microwave is a standard 30" width, and the height is 16.5". The model number that will fit perfectly for your existing unit is AVM4160DFWS and that is white just like your current unit. The cost for the new microwave is about $220.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.