John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a side by side GE Refrigerator that is about 4-5

Customer Question

I have a side by side GE Refrigerator that is about 4-5 years old. I have had nothing but trouble with this from day one and have had numerous technicians out. My main problem is the control panel across the top sometimes works and sometimes doesn't - when it does, it is not accurate. About every 3 months, the refrigerator and freezer stops working. One tech told us to unplug it and let it sit and then restart. He thought the ice line was frozen. This has worked some. Both drawers for the lunchmeat, etc and the one for vegetables, freezes everything I put in there. So, I basically cannot use half of my refrigerator. It seems that if I have the freezer a little more than half full that is when the refrigerator stops working. So, I basically cannot use my freezer. The last repair man (GE) told me to put duct tape over the vent that cools these drawers. I did and the refrigerator quit working. I now have it back running, but all the food in my drawers is frozen again. I cannot afford to buy another refrigerator, but neither can I afford to have to throw away so much food. I need, and will appreciate so much, any and all help you can give me. My model number Is: PSC23MGTE CC Serial is: VL 450087 Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
**** *** ********
Category: Appliance