Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a problem with the GE Triton XL dishwasher that won't

Customer Question

i have a problem with the GE Triton XL dishwasher that won't drain. I have had a quote from a local appliance repair company and it is $899.00. That is ludicrous and i could probably purchase a new one for that price. However a local plumber also won't touch the problem as he said the problem is with drain hose from the appliance, not the drain pipe.
Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

I would agree that ANY drain issue on this dishwasher should never cost $900. If you're handy you can uninstall the dishwasher, disconnect the drain hose from below the dishwasher and blow through it to make sure it's clear and then you'll know if you have a clog or if possibly the drain pump is faulty. Other than that you can call GE themselves at 1.***-***-**** if you wanted to have someone come out and repair the unit and not rip you off.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.