Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dishwasher seems fine except it will not do its cycle. I

Customer Question

My dishwasher seems fine except it will not do its cycle. I am a handy woman. I found a pool of water under the kitchen sink. I dismanteled the entire faucet and found a problem. I fixed it and voila, no more water under the sink. However, the dishwasher will not run. I keep thinking I may have turned the water off to the dishwasher so I have tried every position of the water connection to the dishwasher but still no water goes into my new Bosch dishwasher.I have another question. I have a 1920 6 burner Wedgewood stove. It has 6 burners and 2 ovens. The small oven will not light. I can see the pilot on in the back of the stove. Might you suggest what i can do to make it light?Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the pump is running and no cycle will start, there is water in the base of the machine under the tub. Does the pump seem to stay running? Can you hear the water valve humming or buzzing when it should be filling?

As for the range, when you turn the thermostat on to heat the oven up, does the pilot flame get larger? If not, then the issue is related to the thermostat. Also, has this range been retrofitted with a safety valve to be brought into compliance for safety?