Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a Senseon Dryer model #GEW9868KQ3 that doesn't seem

Customer Question

I have a Senseon Dryer model #GEW9868KQ3 that doesn't seem to be heating well. It takes a long time to dry clothes. I have checked the incoming power, both legs are good at 120V to neutral and 240V between the legs. I have checked continuity in the heating element, both thermostats, the thermal fuse all are less than an ohm and checked the resistance of the Internal bias thermistor (12kohm) I don't know what else to check. Oh, I have also cleaned the lint from the air pathway. Still not heating well, any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What details would you like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Since there is only one heating element, and if the heating element is getting red hot you will need to check air temperature coming out the back of the dryer. It should average 145 to 150F.. The temperature will go above and below these number to give you the average. If the temperature is good the problem is slow drying related to air flow. Let me know what you read.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The temp measured at the exhaust seems to be low, averaging about 130 Or a bit less.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Temp went down to about 100F in the last few minutes of a 15 minute timed cycle.

If you got that reading set on high temp it is a little low. The thermostat is cycling too soon. It is part number(###) ###-####but also make sure you get the same amount of air flow outside the house as behind the dryer before you replace the thermostat. Let me know if you need any help with any of this.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ordered the part. Will try replacing when it is delivered. Thanks

You are welcome!