Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a 15 year old Kenmore washer which filled a load with

Customer Question

I have a 15 year old Kenmore washer which filled a load with water and then did nothing. I have checked the circuit breaker, it is plugged in and when I turn the dial there is no response. The washer had done a couple of loads right before this happened. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

The most common reason for that issue is a bad lid switch, it is not the only problem that could cause that but it is the most common and it's the first thing that should be checked. Here is a video that shows how to bypass the switch:

video - click here

If you find that is not the issue or that you have a newer style washer with digital led lights then give me the model number so I can give you the proper info for your washer, thanks.

in the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!