John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The freezer section stays at 0 degrees but the refrigerator

Customer Question

the freezer section stays at 0 degrees but the refrigerator section won't drop below 50 degrees what can i do to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you removed the back panel inside the refrigerator to see if there is ice built up on the evaporator.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. Because the evaporator is located on the inside of the refrigerator so I opened up the front panel. Yes it was iced over so I removed the ice from the fan and surroundings

OK is it cooling to temp now?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A balloonist was lost somewhere in the Alps when he saw 2 mountain climbers on a mountain below. He cried out, "Where am I". They responded, "In a balloon!".Their answer was absolutely correct and absolutely useless.Just like the response from Appliance Guru. My refrigerator is now working fine and I never want to hear from your website again. Don't go away mad, just go away.

Wow, a customer asks "the freezer section stays at 0 degrees but the refrigerator section won't drop below 50 degrees what can i do to fix it?"

Service tech responds "Have you removed the back panel inside the refrigerator to see if there is ice built up on the evaporator." Check above post and reread 1 Feb 2016, 1:06 AM

Customer does not read response right as the back panel inside the refrigerator is the rear most panel in the refrigerator as stated. Customer gets unit fixed based on techs advice then tries to be witty, but that falls flat. The customer should always go back and actually read the posts before trying to insult the tech for the correct answer.

No worries Sir/Mam you will not hear from me again, I do suggest there are some reading courses online that offer a lot of useful tips on reading fundamentals for your future endeavors.