Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I own a Whirlpool Quiet Partner I, #8575636 dishwasher. It

Customer Question

I own a Whirlpool Quiet Partner I, #8575636 dishwasher. It is push button and only states that the dishes are clean. It will not let met start. Do we need to buy a new dishwasher?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 10 months ago.

Hello, when this happens it means the touch pad is shorted or has a glitch. Try unplugging the machine for 2-3 minutes. That might actually reset it. If that does not reset it, the touch pad will need to be replaced to fix the issue for sure.

If you're handy, you can make the repair. If not, the average cost to have a tech make the repair is roughly $250.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Do you have the complete model number and color so I can look up the parts for you?

If not just let me know.