Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Our washer is now slowly filling with water even though

Customer Question

Our washer is now slowly filling with water even though there are no clothes in it. We take out the washed clothes at night, throw it in the dryer and in the morning, there is about 3 cups of water sitting in the washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is a very common issue on these units. The good thing is if you're handy you can fix it.

The water valve on the back where the water hoses connect needs to be replaced. The small plunger inside is not sealing anymore letting water past it when it should not be.

You can get the part from any local appliance parts house or searsparts.

Unplug the unit and remove the top. The valve is secured into place with a small 1/4 screw. It's actually a very straight forward repair.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!