Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Frigidaire Professional Dishwasher. The water is

Customer Question

Hello, i have a Frigidaire Professional Dishwasher. The water is not draining. i've removed the filter and cleaned any debris that was there. on the next cycle, it did it again. want to fix it but want to make sure i don't ruin anything
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: after running the dishwasher, water is filled up to the door. after removing the water, i have removed the filter to clean it and any debris underneath it, hoping the debris wasn't the cause of a clog. it happened again after running the dishwasher another time. does that help at all?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 10 months ago.

Hello, the drain pump impeller on these is what normally gets clogged with debris. To start the first thing to check is where the hose connects under the sink. Remove the DW drain hose from the disposal and run a cycle to see if it will drain. Sometimes the restriction will be right there at that connection. If that tests good, the DW will need to be removed and laid on it's back. The auxiliary drain motor will need to be removed and inspected for debris. The small impeller inside the pump gets jammed with seeds and ect.. If it's clear, replace the pump because it's faulty. Unplug the unit before you attemtp any repair.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!