Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Need a plumbing diagram GE GSL25JFPDBS. Rats got into the

Customer Question

Need a plumbing diagram for a GE GSL25JFPDBS. Rats got into the back over the fall and I now have five dangling tubes, with no idea what connects to what.
Is a drawing available anywhere? Been to parts sites - all want to sell tubing but not tell where to run it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The water line first comes into the filter from your home's water supply. It goes through the filter and then out to the water valve. The small line out of the valve goes to the ice maker and the larger line goes to the water tank in the fresh food section and then out to the door dispenser.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The video at the link below will also be of help.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Kelly:I guess I failed to convey the nature of my problem - You say "The small line out of the valve goes to the ice maker...." I say the small line out of the valve is a 2" stub; the larger line is a 4" stub. If I add new line to these stubs, to where do I run it?Similarly, I have two 3' stubs hanging down the back of the case. To where should these connect?I REALLY DO need a complete plumbing diagram. There must be one out there some place, but indeed I have not been able to find it.Bruce
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

If you post a picture of the valve, I can mark it for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We still have a failure to communicate. Let me ask this question: There are two tubes dangling down behind the 'box', from a fitting in the upper left corner. Which one FEEDS the Ice Maker ? What is the function of the other tube and where should it connect to?Thanks,Bruce
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Those lines are into the filter from the home's water supply and out of the filter to the valve for distribution to the ice maker or the door dispenser. . If you post a picture, I can mark them all for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Been several months since I have had this unit out from the wall. Only ONE line from Ice maker. Why don't I just connect water supply directly to this line and not use the filter or water dispenser? To restore the rest of the functionality, esp the filter, seems like MUCH more work than it is worth - see attached pics.Bruce
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Great pictures, thank you! The two gray lines that are above and to the left of the valve go to the filter. You could simply connect the water to the valve and bypass the filter, sure. The two lines that are behind and above the valve go to and from the water tank in the fresh food section, behind the cripsers. One line goes to the valve and the other goes up front to the door. There is only one 1/4" water line from the valve to the ice maker, then the ice maker will work. If you choose not to replace the water tank inside the fresh food section, disconnect the wires at the solenoid with the 5/16" line. So, to sum it up, if you connect water supply directly to valve and repair 1/4" line from the valve to the ice maker, you will get ice, no filtration and no door dispenser. Does that help?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
To ME, it would be MORE helpful if you could talk in terms of solenoid colors (red/blue) rather than line diameters. I DO want to go with the simplest possible activation of the ice-maker function.Thanks, ***** ***** with me.Bruce
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
H E L PHow do I install a new piece of line at the factory fitting on the Red solenoid valve leading to the ice maker. Looks like that line is not field-replaceable. Do I really have to buy a new valve, just because the line was chewed off 1/4 inch from the fitting? I did get the old stub out, but it is not obvious to me how to insert a new line and have it seal.Bruce