bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I had1 new motor put in my GE Profile on Sept 29,2014

Customer Question

I had1 new motor put in my GE Profile on Sept 29,2014 refrigerator because everything was warm. I paid Belmont Appliance $368.00 & then last week on Jan 2016 the same thing occurred and my husband called Belmont Appliance again and he paid $310.00 for another new motor. I was in Florida at the time & felt this should not have been charged for this & am upset that this was done. It left a bad taste of Belmont appliance. I printed out a copy of check paid in 2014 & a copy of 2016 payment. What can be done?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Did neither motor run correctly, or did they both run, but not cool the refrigerator down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did not cool down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not spending any more money. This is starting to sound like I am being scammed. 2nd day &no answer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You don't spend any money at JustAnswer, unless you're satisfied with our attempt to assist you. If the compressor motors both worked, but the refrigerator did not cool, someone needs to look at the condenser coil at the bottom of the unit from behind it to see if there's a layer of dust blocking the air flow through the coil. If there is, the layer of dust needs to be vacuumed off with a ShopVac. Once the air can flow again, the refrigerator should cool down within a couple hours.

If there condenser coil is clean, and the air is being pushed through it by the fan in front of it, the problem is not with the motor. If you have more questions or concerns, please get back to me. Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance, before your request times out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why was I charged for 2 motors? you have still not given me an answer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You have not received any charges from JustAnswer. I will opt out of your request now, and open your request to others of our experts.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps you could explain what it is you are trying to achieve here - the motor will have a manufacturers warranty of at best 12 months (usually 6 on compressors), I would guess that Belmont will have given the same warranty The twelve month warranty has passed so any further repairs will have been chargeable. Whilst you may be unhappy with the longevity of the replacement motor what Belmont has done is quite legal.