Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Will. I am replacing the motor in my GE DDE7108VJLWH dryer.

Customer Question

Hello, Will. I am replacing the motor in my GE DDE7108VJLWH dryer. I am looking at the 'Universal Dryer Motor Kit' WE17X10010 and have no clue how to wire the kit motor to the dryer harness. You are probably acquainted with the wholly confusing diagram that comes with this kit. Can you provide hookup instructions? The old motor is a form T with external centrifugal switch,, the new a form V with an internal switch. What I need is a map of how to hook up the old color-coded wire harness to the new kit-supplied adapter connector. Do I make sense?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I hooked the dryer harness up assuming the diagram pictured the new connector left-to-right but when I ohmed the 220 power cord I found the two phases were shorted together = common. So I reversed the sequence of the wire hookup and things buzzed out good enough to try plugging it in. Hit the start button and got a little smoke. I'm stumped.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The wiring instructions should have included the full color picture with the map of how the old style switch connects, see the attached page. Did you get this with the new motor?