bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a two year old three door electrolux fridge. It was

Customer Question

I have a two year old three door electrolux fridge. It was disconnected for about five hours to demo countertops. Now that the fridge is reconnected the water dispenser is not working, nor is water going to the ice maker. I have checked to make sure the water was on. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Nancy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the water has been turned back on and verified on, it is likely that the water line was kinked when the refrigerator was pushed back into position. Can you inspect the water line to see if it has been kinked or pinched?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have pulled the fridge out from the wall and the water still is not coming out. The line is not kinked.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Can you hear the water valve humming or buzzing when you depress the water dispenser paddle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

So it has to be a problem with the water supply. It is possible the valve has failed but very, very unlikely that both the dispenser and ice valve failed at the same time. Are you absolutely certain the water has been turned back on to the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
While I had the fridge pulled out from the wall I turned the valve and tested it both ways. Nothing. I have even turned the fridge off for and hour. I read in a blog the the line could freeze. Still nothing. I've even tried the factory reset button. I guess I'll have to get a plumber to come out. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Try turning the valve on the supply line only half way and see if it dispenses. I have seen those valves close when turned all the way in either direction.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tried that, no change.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The next step will be to remove the hose from the valve and see if water comes out when the water is turned on with the hose in a bucket.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well, we have come full circle. I tried this the very first thing along with everything else.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I am o0ut of ideas, probablyy need to get a plumber in.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's what I thought too. Thanks.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

Can you confirm that when you had the water supply pipe disconnected with one end in a bucket you actually had water coming out of it? You don't state either way in your original information request?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
water came out. Everything worked until it got to the fridge. I have called a plumber.