Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My Whirlpool washer model # WTW7800XW0 is very load in the

Customer Question

My Whirlpool washer model # ***** is very load in the spin cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. May I ask you about the noise so I'm sure to give the right advice? Doe the noise start out slowly and build as the spin speed increases? Does it sound a little like a jet engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
slowly and builds

Thanks. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if the noise is only in the spin and starts slow and speeds up as the tub spins as you say... it is your tub bearing. This is part of the outer tub and is replaced as an assembly or with the special tool you can replace only the bearings. This is a big job and unless you don't scare easily you may want an appliance tech involved. Watch the video from the link I provided to see the bearing being replaced. If you have questions that I have not covered please ask. Bearing video link Dave

Have you decided what to do? Do you still need help?