Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Dishwasher not draining

Customer Question

Dishwasher not draining
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, remove the hose from under the sink and place it in a bucket. Will the DW drain? If not, you need to take the pump off the bottom behind the toe kick apart and either replace it or clean it out.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I put any of the pieces back together in the dishwasher first?

Yes, put the parts back together. The problem is either at the disposal where the drain hose connects or at the auxiliary drain motor on the bottom.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's running. I suppose I won't know if thung are draining properly until the end of the cycle? This dishwasher runs for a while

Ok. It should drain within 15 minutes of starting if it's going to. If it does not, you will need to access and remove the auxiliary drain motor and either clean the inside of the assembly out or replace the pump. Common issue on these units.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from what I've read you need to pull out the unit and check the bottom (under? Do I need to flip it on its back?) Do you have a link of a picture online to show what the aux drain motor looks like?

Yes, that is correct. It makes the job a lot easier with the unit out and on it's back or side. Link below to pump. The drain hose connects to it.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/frigidaire-dishwasher-parts/154736201/0022/587/model-FFBD2411NS0A/1428/0130000.html

Thanks!