Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My dishwasher starts second, but beeps an shows that the

Customer Question

My dishwasher starts for one second, but beeps an shows that the dishes are clean. I pre rinse my dishes, as I don't want dirt to go down the drain. I need help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have always pre riinsed my dishes and they appear clean.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not sure which is the model number but these are the numbers I found.
Silence plus 50dBA
shx3ar75uc-21
sd950801312
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 10 months ago.

Hello, flip the breaker off or unplug the unit for 5 minutes. If that doesn't fix the issue, the main control board on the bottom right of the machine will need to be replaced. This is actually a fairly common issue on these units. If you're handy, you can make the repair. The DW will need to be removed from under the counter to make this repair. Once out the control board is clipped into place and the wires are all plug and play type with molex type connectors on the end.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!