Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our dryer wouldn't stop drying and we had to manually

Customer Question

Hi, our dryer wouldn't stop drying and we had to manually stop it for each load so we paid a mechanic to fix it. He charged $250 to fix the timer but after a couple months we got the same problem. It's about 10 years old and is a very basic model. Is it time to buy a new dryer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

***Would you please give me the model number off the dryer please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's a Whirlpool mod LGR8648PW1.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. Now when it does not stop is it in sensor dry or in time dry?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Well its been 25 mins since we have last chat.

I am getting off for the night. I will check in with you in the morning.

Goodnight

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't need help any more. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Make sure you get the timer replaced under warranty, it should be covered for at least 90 days! That way you can at least sell the dryer with a new timer to recoup some of your money!