Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Name Is ***** ***** C.We have an lg model LFX31945ST and

Customer Question

My Name Is ***** ***** C.We have an lg model LFX31945ST and we also get the error code ER 1F which we have researched and thawed out the fan but we wanted to see the drawing with the instructions so we can try and fix our frig.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: As per what I am reading that you helped Janet with we started getting the (ER 1F) Error Code and under the many searches we have found that the fan in back of the freezer drawer was frozen with a build up of ice so we did what one U-Tuber said to do which was thaw it out, but that didn't fix the error so with further research we have gotten to this web site with further searches and there was supposed to be a link that took Janet to how to : this is what you put in her reply: "The ice fan is what is causing your error. The board is not reading it. Either the sensor in the motor is bad or the motor itself is bad, and lastly it could be jammed. So locate it first and see if it is actually stuck or not. if not then replace it. I have it arrowed in the diagram, its on the left side in the freezer behind the rear wall." that is what I was hoping to get. Thank you.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK so below is a diagram of your refrigerator and the icemaker fan is the one in the upper left hand corner behind the back panel inside the freezer. You don't have to replace it unless thawing it with a hair dryer doesn't resolve the issue so try to thaw it out completely already and if the error comes back, replace the fan motor. If you did need to replace the fan, you'd need to order and replace part number ABA72913408. Also, below is a video that shows you how to remove the back panel inside the freezer. Ignore the fan they are replacing in the video, that is not the icemaker fan but the video does show you how to take the back panel out.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.