Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag Bravos top loading washer growls loudly when in

Customer Question

My Maytag Bravos top loading washer growls loudly when in spin cycle. Sounds like it could a bearing noise. If so is this expensive to repair? Washer is almost 8 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So unfortunately it is a rather expensive repair. If you're really handy you can do it yourself for about $150 with parts, otherwise you'd need to call a technician to replace the parts which will cost about $300-350 with parts, trip and labor. Below is a video that shows you how to replace the parts and this unit is actually made by Whirlpool since Maytag was bought out in 2006 so don't be confused by the video.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.