Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

I have just had installed a GE Model PVM9179SF2SS microwave,

Customer Question

I have just had installed a GE Model PVM9179SF2SS microwave, set up the time and all Wednesday 1/17/16, yesterday the display showing the time does not light up. The fan works the light works, the microwave express works, the turntable lights and goes. I unplugged in an replugged it but no time light up. Hit time and does not show up. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

***I'm taken it you just bought the microwave and it hasn't been setting in storage for like 2 yrs or something right?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I purchased it through Best Buy it sat in my dining room from Friday (day received) to this past Wednesday (1/27/16), when it was installed.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Okay first thing first DO NOT try opening up the unit yourself and fixing it. You will void all warranty's. I know its not what you probably wanted to hear and you want a working microwave. You either want to call GE or Best Buy for warranty work done on it.

I really hope this helps.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

The problem you have is a bad board. But why spend your money on parts.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

If you could please rate the service.

Unless you are wanting to fix the unit yourself.

Thanks Sean

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

please rate the service.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

.