Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a MDBH945AWQ3 Dishwasher that has a start issue... I

Customer Question

We have a MDBH945AWQ3 Dishwasher that has a start issue... I have removed the cover of the board and made sure the contacts are clean and it was usually enough to close it back and hit start and even though only the heavy wash and lock dry buttons light up bright it will run a cycle..
Most recently when I go through that routine it will not run for a few hours and then just about the time I'm ready to do the check the board connections I will push start and it does the before described cycles...
I have noticed when the lights in the kitchen are off and the machine is running the majority of the other function lights glow dimly...
I must add that sometimes I only have to touch the heavy wash cycle button and it fires up...
Any insight before I buy something I don't need... On a social security disability income and every penny counts...because of the cancer I am battling I am unable to stand for even short intervals so this machine is a need not a luxury... Hoping you have a fix I can try...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

This is a problem with the touch control panel. When the other lights are beginning to lightly dim even though they are not being selected, this is the first indication the touchpad is going bad. The good news is that for your bisque color the touchpad is much cheaper than all the other colors. Below is a link to the touch control panel you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.