John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have posted a question about a hobart dishwasher and

Customer Question

Hi John, my name is ***** ***** I have posted a question about a hobart dishwasher and awaiting a response.....the machine fills then displays e5....does not drain and it sounds like a motor clicks out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: lx 30 machine....does not run or drain after filling
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hi Karim. I just now received your request for me to contact you. The e 5 error code usually means the control board has failed. Please let me gather parts information, and I'll get back to you.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Can you please send me the model number for your dish washer? Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

The e5 error code indicates that the machine is not draining fast enough or not at all, at the end of the wash/drain cycle. The same code shows, when the drain valve assembly fails.

In my experience, the problem is usually a clogged drain valve, or a crimped drain flex line. To access the drain assembly and drain line, remove the kick panel, under the door, and,using a flash light, inspect the area.

If you need to remove anything, such as the drain line, it's best to pull the machine out, and tip it on it's side.

These instructions assume the your machine is an under counter model. If it isn't, I'll need to know what type of machine you have, or the model number.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance, before your request times out?