RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

Where is the water level on the AI-215 Series Portable Ice

Customer Question

Where is the water level on the AI-215 Series Portable Ice Maker (about 1/2 way down where the arrows are? Or where the stainless bar is nearer the top?)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

HI my name is Robert....

Sorry for the delay I see no other experts have responded, if you pull the ice basket you should see a "max" inside the reservoir. The water capacity will be close to one gallon... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no "max" inside the reservoir. I can take a photo if that helps.
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

I looked at the capacity and it is about a gallon, and it should tell you when to add water. The manual is saying there is a max mark inside the reservoir. If you want to send a photo I can have a better look, you should be able to add one into your reply. Also if you have any letters after the 215 in the model number please let me know.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 215SS.
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

OK.... Wanted to make sure as they have a SS model and a R model. What I would do is dump a gallon of water in from empty and see where it lines up. One gallon should make about 5 to 6 lbs of ice. I do not know why the reservoir does not have a max mark. You might want to contact the manufacturer direct to make sure that there is not an error, click HERE for the contact information. Hope this helps some.... Robert

Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

HI.. Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert