ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have a GE microwave model no. PEB7226DF1BB.. All the

Customer Question

I have a GE microwave model no. PEB7226DF1BB.. All the lights come on
but all of a sudden it stopped heating. I unplugged it and still nothing happened
(meaning that it did not heat on any setting, ex. veg., popcorn, reheat, etc. The clock works and when you push one of the mentioned buttons, the microwave goes but does not heat. Any suggestions? It is about two years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your MW

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

Does the unit's fan come on when you program it to run? So, basically it would sound like it is running normally. Any louder than normal humming or other sounds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it sounds normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just doesn't heat or cook
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What settings r u talking about. Everything works except it does not heat or cook
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why can't I get an answer from u. I already paid

Hi Joanne, thanks for your quick response.

Based on what you are telling me, the most likely problem on your MW is it has a bad magnatron tube. This is the main component that is used to produce the energy that make the food hot. The part usually last for longer than a couple of years and it is possible that you may have an extended warranty on the part. The part looks like this. click here

This is a repair that I would not recommend be done by a novice as there are hi-voltage components that need to handled with care.

Check your user manual for the warranty details. Hopefully you have coverage for the repair by GE as the cost would be in the area of $200-230 to repair it.

I know that this is not exactly what you wanted to hear, but I want to give you the most honest appraisal and answer to your question and the problem, so you can make a good decision on how to proceed.

I hope you feel the same way and please rate my help to you tonight positively for JA.

If you still have any questions, just ask and I will do my best to help you out.

Thanks for chatting with me tonight.

Don