Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Duel-fuel 30" thermador oven is VERY slow to heat to set

Customer Question

Duel-fuel 30" thermador oven is VERY slow to heat to set temp. Broil setting works fine.
Also clean function will not work. Got an error code 55. Oven door won't lock. Tried all the easy fixes. Cleaning seals, etc. No luck.
Had a new power circuit (code 22) replaced 2 months ago.
Replaced oven heat element 5 yrs ago.
Almost impossible to get Thermador tech service here in Oregon. Would never recommend thermador due to abysmal customer service and continual failures of stove. Hope Bosch knows what they need to overcome to regain product trust with cobsumers.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you replaced the bake element and still have issues, the problem is likely with the power from the control board. Can you measure the voltage to that bake element during bake cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since the oven heats to temp but very slowly, can the oven element be only partially heating? Where do I ck the voltage for the oven element?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, typically, an element is either good or bad. There are times when it can break and short to ground and still create a little heat but that is very rarely ever the case in an oven. The voltage may be tested at the connections in the back of the oven where the element sticks through the oven liner.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Worthless. No new usable info. Better I spend the money on a hands-on tech.
Better info from the Thermador user guide.
Feel this was a gross waste of my time and money.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, well good luck. I suspect you would not be able to carry out any testing anyway, so it probably would be better to get a $200 tech in to make some basic voltage measurements for you.