Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirpool washer model 11042922203.Serial #CRS1407488 when I

Customer Question

whirpool washer model *********** Serial #CRS1407488 when I put start it won't start and show F11? Please tell me what problem?Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

F11 is a very bad error code. F11 means there is a communication error between the main CCU and the motor control board. If one of the boards got wet, you will need to replace both boards because it shorts out both boards since they talk to each other. One control board (the CCU) is located under the top panel. The other the MCU (motor control unit) is located behind the lower front panel in the lower front left corner. The lower front panel has 3 screws along the bottom you need to unscrew to remove the control board. If you find no loose wires or plugs into the board, then you'd have to guess which board you want to replace first. Typically on these older versions the CCU is the faulty part so that is the part I'd replace the CCU first. The CCU is part number(###) ###-####

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?