Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Machine turns on but doesn't start

Customer Question

Machine turns on but doesn't start
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amana front loader can't get serial number because or model number because doors locked shut
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's going on over there it's been an hour and a half
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If the door is locked shut you likely have water still in the unit and possibly a pump issue. You need to suck the water out of the unit through the drain hose and then turn it on and the door should open.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Does this unit have a separate bottom lower panel ,under the door assembly panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it does not

ok so then you will need to remove the washers top panel (two screws on the rear of the panel)

And reach down on the right side of the door and pull down on the door lock release lever that is part of the door lock assembly.

Then you have the door unlocked and can also give me the model number so I can at least know what your working on .