Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Recently ice started forming both inside and outside the

Customer Question

Recently ice started forming both inside and outside the "ice bucket" of our Samsung model RF267ABRS refrigerator. That ice jams the tray and makes it unable to dispense ice "cubes."
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is likely a leak in the seal around the opening from where the ice dispenses. If you shine a light up in there, do you see any issues with the seal of that little flapper door?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. The seal seems to be intact. The leakage I'm referring to is inside the ice maker housing itself. The water is leaking into the ice tray and freezing inside the tray. The tray also freezes to the inside of the surrounding housing.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Are the cubes large and then stuck together, like maybe the valve is not shutting off and seeping?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

If the water pressure is adequate to the valve (not from an RO system), then the valve will likely need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where is the water valve located? And what is an RO system?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is that valve inside the actual ice maker assembly?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If you are referring to the water pressure into our home, it is okay. The ice-maker has been working fine up to just a few days ago. The refrigerator is 5-6 years old and has been connected to the same service line for the entire period.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The valve is located on the back of the cabinet, at the bottom, behind the large metal access panel. See the attached page.