Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

LSE7806ACE Washer/Dryer, Maytag lid switch replacement. I

Customer Question

LSE7806ACE Washer/Dryer, Maytag lid switch replacement. I have the new switch. How do I access it? I have done a whirlpool stacked.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This switch assembly is a bit more difficult to replace because you must remove the the front panel of the washer first, then the service panel, then the top panel above the washer tub. The reason for this is because the latch assembly is mounted behind the tub below the top panel of the washer. There are lots of wire connections and screws you must remove going through the top panel toward the back which you can see when you remove the service panel off that you removed. In addition to that, remove the 2 screws near the bottom of the front panel just below the crease and the front panel will pull off. That will expose 2 bolts going up just around the front right and left corners of the washer. Then the top panel should slide forward do you can replace the switch assembly below it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?