Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag refrigerator model MF12269VEB4 is leaking by the

Customer Question

My maytag refrigerator model MF12269VEB4 is leaking by the back where you change the filter. I changed the filter, and it's been leaking ever since. I've taken the filter out and rinsed the top of the filter out and put it back in. It was fine for a few hours then it started to leak again. It's dripping down the back of the frig under the drawer and freezing up. What is causing this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Either the filter you got was just bad and isn't sealing up properly or the filter receptacle is going bad and not sealing with the filter. If you have the old filter, try installing that and see if it keeps leaking. If you don't have the old filter, then return the filter and tell them it came faulty. Try again and if it leaks still then you know the filter receptacle needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have the old filter, but I have another one. I'll try it. thanks Tyler, I'll let you know

Ok good luck to you.

Was there anything else that you needed?

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?