John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I just bought a building that has coin operating washer

Customer Question

I just bought a building that has coin operating washer dryer, the dryer does nothing when the coins are dropped where do I start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave. You need to have the top service door key to start. Do you have that key?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I don't make calls but can help you this way and save the extra cost. When you push the slide back with coins there is a switch on the left side that needs to close just for split second. If the slide won't move that far or too far etc you can bend the tab that sticks up to adjust the slide. To see all this you may need to remove the coin slide and adjust it and then put it back. The switch will come out with the slide but you will need to open the control panel to get to the wire connect for the switch so you can pull it out the entire way.

How far did you get? Let me know if you got to where you can see the switch.