Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a CWE5800ACB double wall oven Series 21. Top oven

Customer Question

I have a CWE5800ACB double wall oven Series 21. Top oven will not heat; broiler or bake element. Fan does come on & panel displays ok. Light in oven works. Bottom oven works. Had changed long heat element as I assumed main issue since both elements not heating. Can you tell me steps to test. probably would need pics ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else would you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

God afternoon. You know that the bottom oven still works which means that the oven is getting 220 volts. Also since both bake and broil won't heat inside the top oven, it's extremely unlikely that BOTH elements would have failed. If the temperature sensor has failed, you'd get an F3 or F4 error on the display which you're not getting. That means that your display control board has failed and isn't sending power to the bake and broil element I'm sorry to say. This display board does tons of functions so the fact that the bottom oven still works and the top doesn't make a difference. Either way, below is a link to the display board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The board is wrong for my serial number. 21 series is mine. Thanks

That is the only board that shows up for your model which is black regardless of series based on the look up I saw. But you will want to confirm with an actual parts store to see what part you need for your model and series. We don't have the resources for looking up parts like a parts store would. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.