Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My amana ref/freezer Mod#ABB2227DES stop working, lights ok

Customer Question

my amana ref/freezer Mod#ABB2227DES stop working,
lights ok
check all component from comp,starting kit,thermisters,defrost kit, heater,
fan,everything ok
DISPLAY SHOW DASH CAN NOT PROGRAM.
WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM
HELP RUDY ***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is a very common way that the refrigerator fails. if the display only shows dashes, try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and see if the display will reset. If not, then your display board itself has failed and needs to be replaced. This display board is actually the main mother board for the entire refrigerator so when it fails it'll stop everything from running I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the board you'd need to order and replace and it comes with a sheet of paper which tells you how to program the board by pushing some buttons so be sure to not discard the instructions when you throw away the package the board comes in.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?