Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE range model PB910TP1CC. In the door there is an

Customer Question

I have a GE range model PB910TP1CC. In the door there is an outer door glass and inner door glass and then a two-glass pane single assembly that is referred to as a "window pack assembly". The window pack assembly is closest to the interior of the oven and appears to be constructed as a single unit. A spill in the oven caused liquid to run down the inner window of the window pack assembly. This liquid seeped into the space between the two glass panes on the assembly. It cannot be accessed to be cleaned.
My questions is "Does the ability of a liquid to get into the center of this assembly indicate that heat could also get through this assembly and out through the door?' The salesman who sold me the unit said this would indicate the integrity of the door was compromised and the assembly needed to be replaced due to safety reasons. Is this truly a problem and should the window pane assembly be replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It is not a sealed unit by any means, it just means that you cannot get the glass separately. The glass is just set on (and not even attached) in metal trim that is then attached as an assembly in the door. You can remove the glass panels for cleaning. Number 338 in the diagram at the link below is that assembly.

CLICK HERE

That assembly out of the door and by itself is shown in the pictures at the link below.

CLICK HERE