Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My spinning cycle makes a screeching noise during the the

Customer Question

My spinning cycle makes a screeching noise during the the complete cycle. I tr to turn it off. Even if there are 3 itms , Problem just started 3 days ago.
Char W.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

If the washer only makes the noise when spinning, that is an issue with the main tub bearing. The main bearing and seal would need to be replaced because the bearing goes bad due to the seal above it beginning to leak. Below is a link to both parts you need to order and replace to resolve this issue which on these stack washer/dryer units is unfortunately quite difficult to access and work on.

CLICK HERE for bearing

CLICK HERE for seal

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.