Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 30" S/I S/C convection Gas S/S GE Profile range #

Customer Question

I have a 30" S/I S/C convection Gas S/S GE Profile range # ***** which is 10 years old.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have just broken the glass top and wonder if it can be replaced at a reasonable cost or should I look at replacing the entire range.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So I'm not sure what the range cost new, but I can tell you that the cooktop number you'd need to order and replace is part number WB62T10543 which is about $650. It's a very expensive repair at the very least, but if you wanted to replace the cooktop that is what the part would cost approximately. In addition to the cost of the part, if you can't replace the part yourself, a technician will cost about $150-200 with trip and labor to replace the part.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.