John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Where is the "End of Cycle" button located on my Whirlpool

Customer Question

Hi John! Where is the "End of Cycle" button located on my Whirlpool Duet Dryer? The Control Lock button is flashing and the only two buttons I see are "on" and "pause/start"
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My mom just did it, she's here since I had surgery and now walking the dog
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. This will depend on your model. It is often on the lower right side of the control panel. If you don't see it there please get me the model number off the tag inside the door and I will let you know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
WED71HEBW0
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Does that help, Dave? WED71HEBW0

Thanks, ***** ***** sec

It looks like the 6 cycle models don't have that button. Are you looking to change the signal?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Control Lock button will not stop flashing nor can I use the dryer until the Control Lock light stops flashing
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The online forums say: Re: The dryer is not responding but the control locked...
Try holding the end of cycle button for 15 seconds this should clear it.That's why I asked the original question about the "end of cycle" button.. Does that make sense? Can you please help me disable the Control Lock feature since my model doesn't have a "End of Cycle" button, please?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I got it

Okay, on you model there is a Control Lock button for that purpose.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I got it to work Dave before ur reply! Thanks!

You are welcome.