John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I need to replace at least one burner and two igniters on

Customer Question

I need to replace at least one burner and two igniters on model JGA8100ADB, how do I remove the old burner head?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

***Give a few mins to look up the info on your cooktop.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Yes your are right you should be able to 1/4 turn the burn and it should come out. Chances are it is gummed up. I have had to take the whole burner cartridge out and flip it over and remove the small screws and take it apart. Once apart you might see its rusted up and might need to use a wire brush on it to get it to break free.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

I have at times go to extremes by having to put heat to it to get them to break free. I had to us map gas for the heat source.